Monday, November 16, 2009

Doing much better!

Ryan is doing much better at daycare! Such good news, I have been so worried about him. He is starting to take more naps there; not long naps but more naps so that is a start. Hopefully soon he can nap longer and get into that second cycle of sleep that is so important for his growing body. And growing he is. I had to take him to the doctor a week and a half ago because his cold was not getting any better. Turns out, the cold turned in to an ear infection. I never would have known. He wasn’t fussy and was still sleeping just fine. I am glad I took him in and it looks like we caught it early. He has been on medicine to help clear it up and when I took him back on Friday the doctor said that he was all better. I was very happy to hear that. While there, they weighed him and he weighed 13 lbs 15oz at the first visit (11/6) and 14lbs 4ozs at the second visit (11/13). So he is still gaining right on track. He is making friends at daycare and it is so cute to see him interact with the other babies. And thankfully, he is adjusting to the longer days and is more awake at night when we get home so Mommy and Daddy get to spend some time with him during the week. This past weekend we went on his first road trip and went to Louisville. He did great. He slept the whole way there and the whole way back. We did a little bit of shopping, ate at the Cheesecake Factory (so yummy) and then went to the zoo. It was so nice out and a great day to be outside. He slept for the first little bit at the zoo but was awake looking around at all the animals for the most part. Not surprisingly, he could have cared less about the smaller animals but he was interested in the bigger ones. I didn’t expect for him to be as interested as he was. We got a good reaction out of him when he saw the giraffes because we got to get up real close to it. His eyes got all big and his mouth dropped open, he could have stayed and stared at it for a long time. He was too cute. We all had a great time. Then yesterday was the first time he went to the nursery at church, they said he did great but he didn’t take a nap while there. Luckily he did when we got home and he wasn’t too fussy the rest of the day. Besides that, not much else is going on. We are falling into a normal routine and working out the kinks in it. Ryan is such a great baby that he is making things very smooth for us. Below are some pictures from the past couple of weeks and the zoo. Plus, check out our photographer’s website for his 3 month pictures. Click on the link then search for Johnson R. 3 months, password is johnson. They turned out really cute even though we didn’t get a lot of smiles from him (he was sleepy).

A picture just to show how chubby my boy is getting. And he is always chewing on his hands, can't keep them out of his mouth.

Dressed up like a big boy! Such a cutie!

Ryan watched his first UK basketball game this past week and wore his first UK t-shirt (well, he didn't watch it; he isn't allowed to watch tv but he played in his swing while Mommy and Daddy watched UK).

At the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment