Thursday, July 8, 2010

11 months!

Ryan turned 11 months old on Friday (July 2nd). Unfortunately we didn't really get to do anything for it because I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. I really thought I would be up and at it within a day or two. But I was so wrong! I am still in pain. We didn't leave the house but once the whole weekend. I forced Jonathan into letting me go shopping and we weren't out but for maybe a half an hour before I said I wanted to go back home. I have a big bruise on my arm where the nurse stuck me four different times; apparently she couldn't get the needle in my vein. Plus, I have a nice bruise along my jaw to go with it. The swelling is going down but I still look like a mess. Sadly, we didn't get to do anything for Ryan's first 4th of July so we won't have any stories to tell about him being scared of the fireworks. But there is always next year. Hopefully by then he will enjoy them and we can skip the scarred phase.


Ryan is doing so much right now. He pulls up everywhere he can and will take a few steps while holding on to the coffee table, crib, etc. He babbles all the time and seems like he has conversations with himself. His favorite words are still dada and mama though. He has really improved with his finger food eating over the last month too. The last cold he got (right before he got tubes in his ears) produced a lot of mucus and he was refusing to eat almost all finger foods, even the little puffs that he had been eating for months. He would just gag on everything that went in his mouth unless it was thin. But thankfully after that cold cleared up he began eating tons of finger foods. His favorite right now is cheese hands down. He also enjoys bread, bananas and apples. He does pretty well eating carrots, peas, green beans, broccoli, and chunks of sweet potatoes too. We are trying to branch out his foods and I am trying not to push my picky eating habits on to him. Ryan is adjusting to living closer to daycare really well too. It took him some time to get used to sleeping longer at night at home (instead of part of it in the car) but right now he is usually sleeping 11 hours at night. He usually naps for an hour and a half to two hours twice a day. Sometimes at daycare he only takes one nap though, guess he just really wants to get up and play with his friends. It's been so much fun watching him grow and learn new things. His personality is really taking shape. He is a very happy baby but when he is tired he gets fussy. I also think he is going to have a temper when he doesn't get his way (I have no idea where he gets that from) and he hates being held down (just like his mama on that one). Lately we have been playing with his shapes ball and he has gotten pretty good at getting the shapes in the right holes. I was very impressed at how quickly he caught on to that. We are also in the process of weaning him from his bottles. Ryan has been doing so well with drinking water out of his sippy cup that we decided to put his milk in it and he did really with it. So, we are switching one feeding at a time to a sippy cup at daycare. We haven’t started weaning him to whole milk yet (waiting until his first birthday; which is sadly less than a month away) so he still nurses for his feedings at home.

Here are a couple of pictures I have taken of him over the last couple of weeks.



Making a mess in the kitchen. He loves pulling everything out of the cabinets.



They went on a walk one day at daycare and sent me this picture through text.



He was too busy playing with his new toy that I couldn't even get him to look at me to take a new picture. I bought him this over the weekend hoping it would keep him occupied over the weekend while I was resting from having my wisdom teeth removed. It really did help.



The next day he was available for pictures.




Trying to get the X in the hole, this one gives him some problems but he can usually get it if he works at it.






He has been very patient with learning how to put the shapes in the holes but if he gets frustrated he will just chew on the pieces.





The new view when I go into his room to get him out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment