Monday, June 15, 2009

32 Weeks

Well, I have made it to 32 weeks in my pregnancy; a big mile stone. Now the baby has a much better chance of survival if for some reason he was born early (some research shows a percentage as high as 90%!). However, everything seems to be going very well. The modified bed rest seems to be working and doing its job of keeping the baby in. The doctors have been very happy with my progress and don't seem to have many worries any more. I get to go back to work in two weeks, at 34 weeks. At that point they will go ahead and let me have the baby if I go into labor again but I am hoping to make it a couple of weeks back at work before that happens. I can tell he is growing like crazy inside and he is active. I have another doctor's appointment on Thursday and then will have to see both my doctors again in two weeks after I have been back at work for a couple of days so they can measure my progress. We will have a better idea at that point of how I am doing back at work and if it seems like I will go into labor early.

We had a nice relaxing weekend and our church Sunday school class had a baby shower for me yesterday after church. It was so nice of them to throw me a shower and it was great to see everyone and have a bit of girl time. Getting together with everyone reminds me of how much I miss being active and seeing people. I want to say thanks to everyone who helped out with the shower and got us gifts. We feel so blessed to have such a wonderful church family. I have included a few pictures from the shower.


Here is a picture of the beautiful cake Erin made for me. She did such a great job!




Beginning to open presents.




A picture of me holding up the sweater Krista made for baby Ryan. There is also a matching hat. Krista has made it a new tradition to make each baby in our class a sweater, she does a great job on them.



Yay, our Diaper Gene! Hopefully we can eliminate some of the foul smells with this.



Here is a picture of some of the ladies that got to come to my baby shower. A few are missing since they had to leave before we took the picture.




And here is a picture of me at 32 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment