Friday, June 5, 2009

30 weeks and counting

Sorry about the delay in updating our blog this week, our internet has been down but it's finally back up. Everything is going well. We have been busy preparing for our new addition. We started our child birthing classes last Thursday. There are only 4 other couples in the class which makes it nice to have a small class. Everyone seems really nice and we have learned a few things. Some of the stuff I might try to use some of it makes you really wonder "who does that". But I am glad we are taking it because I like to be educated. I had my family baby shower last Saturday. It was so nice to see everyone and we had lots of fun. Plus, getting all the new baby stuff was great. Many thanks to my friends Heather and Amanda and my sister-in-law Hillary for all their hard work in putting together and throwing my baby shower. Here are a few pictures.



The banner my friend Heather had made for me.



Playing one of the games.







Before I opened presents.



One of the outfits we got for Ryan.


More clothes and a diaper bag.


The three diaper cakes my friend Amanda made me.





I was pretty exhausted after the shower so Sunday and Monday I relaxed and took it easy. Tuesday I had to go to the doctor's office to have a three hour gestational diabetes test done. Every one has a glucose screening test done while pregnant; however, I had a high score on it so I had to take the longer test as well. You can not eat or drink anything for the three hour test from midnight the night before to the end of the test. It was miserable. They take your blood 4 different times; which didn't bother me, I just wanted something to drink really bad. The first hour or so I felt pretty sick after drinking the sugar drink and having nothing in my stomach. After that I was fine, just thirsty and hungry. And to top it off there were two ladies at the doctor's office eating Wendy's towards the end of my test when I was starting to get really hungry. I thought long and hard about stealing their fries but didn't want to have to take the test again. The nurse called me a couple hours after the test and of course I thought that meant bad news since they never call with good news but she told me I passed the test so I don't have gestational diabetes!! Yay! Wednesday was Jonathan's birthday but he had to work. I did make him a nice dinner though. Then Thursday we had another child birthing class. We learned a few more breathing techniques and had a tour of the hospital. But Jonathan and I already know our way around the hospital since I have had to go twice. It was funny having people in the class asking us questions though. Today I had another doctor's appointment. Just a regular check up. I have now gained a total of 24 pounds. My doctor is very happy with that and said that the bed rest has definitely helped me put weight on. She said I am measuring at 32 and 1/2 weeks even though I am only at 30 and 1/2 weeks. After I told her that Jonathan was over 9 pounds when he was born she laughed and said that explains it. Once again she said that I was going to get very big and warned me that I am going to start feeling huge and miserable. My comment to her was "You mean its going to get worse?!". I think this baby is going to be huge! That is about it for the last week and a half. I am counting down the time until I get to go back to work, only 3 and a half weeks left. I have mixed feelings about it. Part of me is very excited to be able to go back to work (yes, I actually enjoy working; I love accomplishing things) but part of me is nervous because I have been off for so long. I know I am going to be very tired and it will be very straining on my body. Hopefully I can make it a couple of weeks before the baby decides to come though. And of course, here is an updated picture of me at 30 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment