Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Back to Work

Last week was my first week back to work in 11 weeks. It was nice to be out of the house and back to work but I was very tired by the end of the week. Monday and Tuesday were not too bad because I was excited to be back. The excitement got me through the days; however, by Wednesday that had worn off and I was very tired Wednesday night. My back hurt pretty bad from sitting in a chair all day and my feet were really swollen. Thursday wasn't much better but it was only a half day (I had to leave early for two doctors appointments, get to those in a minute) so it went by quickly. Doesn't seem like much has changed since I have been gone so it was easy to get back in to the swing of things. And thankfully they have kept my work up pretty well and I didn't have it piled up when I returned. Now that I am back though, I must admit that I am ready to have this baby and be back at home. It is not fun sitting at a desk when you can barely reach the keyboard. And I can't sit too close to the desk because baby Ryan gets mad and starts kicking the desk; which does not feel good. Plus, my feet and ankles have swollen so much my shoes don't fit. Enough complaining, I really am glad to be back and into a semi-normal routine again. Working will help pass the time and before we know it Ryan will be here.
Thursday after leaving work early I got to have lunch with both my brothers; always a nice treat when we can get together. Chris was driving through on his way back home from military training and Kenny met us in Lexington for lunch before my doctors appointment. I had two doctors appointments on Thursday. The one with my regular OB went just fine; everything is going well. Baby's heart beat is still strong and I had no contractions while I was hooked up to the monitor. The appointment with my high risk doctor went well also. However, they did tell me that I have a double lobed placenta but not to worry about it. They said the only thing they had to do was make sure they got both parts out when I delivered. We didn't get to see Dr. Campbell as he had an emergency with another patient so we are going to ask my regular OB some additional questions about this at my next appointment. We did get some new ultrasound pictures taken but I haven't had a chance to scan them in yet but I will try to get to that this week. Friday was a day of relaxing. On Saturday my dad and his girlfriend came down from Illinois to visit for a couple of days. It was nice to see them and to spend some time with them. My dad hadn't seen me pregnant yet so he was glad he got to come down before the baby got here and plans to come back once he makes his appearance. Saturday night we had a cook out down at my brother Kenny's house for the 4th. Yummy food, great time with lots of family and a few fireworks; couldn't ask for more. My dad is leaving today to go back home so last night we all got together at my grandmother's for dinner. Once again there was yummy food and time with family, very nice ending to a Monday.
We will see what the rest of the week holds. Rumor has it my brother Chris is coming back down for a visit with his two little girls on Thursday for a couple of days but I am not getting my hopes up yet as he is still contemplating the best way to get a 3 year old and a 10 month old down here by himself (his wife, Nikki, has National Guard training for 2 weeks). It would be wonderful to see them! My maternity pictures are up on our photographer's website. Go to http://carlislephotography.smugmug.com/Proofs, click on Johnson maternity and the password is johnson if you would like to see them. Let me know what you think and if you have any favorites. For now here is a picture of me at 35 weeks (yay, not much longer!).

No comments:

Post a Comment